Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mary, Motherhood, & My Two

After the birth of Jesus and all were amazed about him Luke 2:19 says, "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." What must she been pondering! To give birth in a stable to the Son of God has got to give you something to ponder and to treasure, Amen? To follow Mary's example I too want to treasure and ponder the miracles not only of motherhood but of the Lord as well. He blesses us daily.

Tonight my kids were sweet. We all cuddled up on my daughter's bed and read stories together. They actually got through a few before they started tackling each other and Patrick started crowing like a rooster! My kids are 4 and 3, so needless to say, it can get a little crazy when they get worked up. But while I was giving Alyssa a hug, Patrick came up and wanted to get in on the action, and unlike his usual rough manner, he was so gentle and he even put his head on her shoulder. I treasure these moments.

No comments: