Friday, September 12, 2008

Family Friday-- When the family tree braches get tangled

My Pop (my dad's dad) told me this story that at first you think, yeah, that's right . . . and then you realize it doesn't make sense at all. Here it is-- in his words, "My mother's mother married my father's father." Reread if you need to.

So that's the abridged version. Here is what actually happened. My Pop's Grammy, his mother's mother was Rose Setta. She married Angelo Francioli in Italy, they had a daughter, Giuseppina (Josephine)--that is my Pop's mother. So, Angelo died while still in Italy and Rose moves with her sister Claudina and her little girl "Pina" to the US. While in America she married Narareno Natalini and had a bunch of kids and she also married Louis Martinell. Louis is my Pop's father's father. They had a daughter Elizabeth.

Louis had previously been married to Laura and they had John and possibly a James Martinell. John married Josephine, or affectionately known as "Pina." They had ten children, one being my Pop. So, his parents, while not related at all, ended up being step-siblings to each other as adults.

That is one of my favorites.

Steph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way confusing....I'll have to read that one over and over again. Thanks for the "History of Our Family" lesson cousin.
I love you -