Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mommy Friends

I have been blessed with many friendships in my life. Friends I have had since childhood, college friends, church friends. But today I have to give the shout out to my Mommy friends. It it hard to capture in words just what these women do for me. But I will now try.

Just in the past week some of my mommy friends have:
a) watched my preschooler on very short notice so I could go to a Dr's appt.
b) lent me a boatload of dish and glassware so I could host a party
c) disciplined my child gently and without passing judgment on me
d) listened to concerns or worries I had
e) made me lunch
f) made my kid lunch
g) gave me hand-me-downs
h) found the number (and a coupon) for the garage door fix it man
i) encouraged me
j) offered to do a playdate swap giving each of us some alone time
k)shared a great recipe--breakfast casserole
l) lent me a mop!
m) just called
n) gave my kids a snack
o) let my kid give her dog a snack
p) brought my kid home from the bus stop


I would not be as good a mother, wife, or friend without these women. I also would be a little crazier and at wits end most of my days.



  • Potty training would have been a lot less funny and tolerable had I not had you all around to know I am not alone.
  • Having moms who have been there before was so crucuile those first few months after birth! The things only another mom would tell you!!
  • Knowing you love my kids and I love yours.
  • The wealth of cleaning and cooking tips that we have all shared!
  • Knowing we don't have to be perfect--or even seem perfect.
Thanks for being such great Mommy Friends!

No comments: