Friday, July 18, 2008

Family Friday: Snow White Birthday Bash











This edition of Family Friday needs to be a recap of Alyssa's party since I haven't gotten around to doing that yet! For a solid year she has requested a Snow White birthday party. I wasn't sure what that was exactly in her mind. She was very specific that it was to be Snow White, not just a general princess party. So, I thought for awhile and this is what I came up with:
1) kids decorate their own aprons-- I stole that from another party we went to-- with stamps, ribbon and fabric markers
2) kids make their own apple pies-- since that is very "Snow White"
3) dance, play, whatever-- I made a mix of princess music for them on the ipod.

So-- Alyssa had been planning to wear her Snow White dress for the party and I told her that I too would wear my adult Snow White dress (My mom used to wear this for Halloween when she taught preschool, I later used it for a play I was in-- I don't just have a closet full of adult princess clothes, ok) to show my spirit. Well, she received her Enchanted "Giselle" dress that morning and Snow White was done. She totally left me hanging! But we had an awesome party. Those little pies even turned out well.

No comments: