Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Big Boy Bed

So, our house is officially crib free. Patrick's "Big Boy Bed" arrived last week and he truly loves it. He loves to show his friends. Mostly he likes to just sit on it and read his books. I will say I have some mixed feelings on not having a crib anymore. No more babies--sniff! I actually made the kids say goodbye to it, I really don't think they care though. I do have good and happy feelings about my kids being a little older, not so dependent on me. That's what we are working toward right? That our kids be not only self-sufficient but learn to be positive additions to society. That is not a natural feeling for me. I just want to protect them all the time. Sometimes I have to remind myself to back off and let them do it for themselves, even when they are asking for help (putting on clothes, coloring a picture, etc). Oh my! The milestones keep coming. Alyssa goes to Kindergarten orientation Thursday. I totally can't believe that! She is excited and I don't want to kill that feeling. I am terrified, but hiding it well!

No comments: