Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day, I still don't think I am used to it being a day for me. But what a day! My kids, of course, gave me all their presents as soon as they made them in school or in the nursery at church, no real surprises there. Cute handprints with poems, etc. However, so precious. The real surprise was the one Brett had for me-- an ipod!! I can finally join the new millennium. I had a good ol' time picking out some music, mostly praise, for it. I did add some good oldies too. We had lunch at a restaurant with my mom and grandma and Ed. That was brave since we brought the kids. Patrick is a bit of time bomb in those places. But we all made it out intact and no worse for the wear. I usually host the day at our house with all our families, however this year people sort of went their separate ways. I am not sure if we'll continue the tradition or not.

I am so thankful this Mother's Day to be a mother. I am so thankful for Brett. I have lots of prayers for those I know who are desperately waiting to be mothers. May God bless them in His time. I am reminded of Sarah and Abraham who waited so long for a child, and God did bless them as well as Elizabeth and Zachariah.

Happy Mother's Day,
Steph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your prayers ;)

Happy belated Mother's Day to you!