Friday, March 26, 2010

Daily Prayers for Kids


I checked this book out at the library this week and I wanted to share it. It is a book of daily prayers written for children to say. There are prayers for each day of the week. Each day is broken into three parts: waking, midday, and nighttime. Each prayer is based on one of the Psalms. Each deals with subject matter familiar to children. I liked that the prayers focused on blessings, giving thanks, and asking for protection. My daughter and I read this book cover to cover last night and she really enjoyed it, the simple rhyming lines and familiar imagery was soothing. This is a great book for helping children broaden their prayer life beyond the traditional, "Now I lay me" prayer. We will be looking at this book more!

1 comment:

Hope said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today! I totally enjoyed visiting yours. This book looks wonderful. I think it would be great for my little one. :)
Blessings, Hope