Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oreo Tie Fighters

I came up with this idea kind of at the last minute, but it worked great. I was actually thinking of Patrick's friend who is allergic to milk and what else I could serve besides the cupcakes. I remembered he could eat Oreos. So, as I picked up the package, the idea occured to me to make them into Tie Fighters. I know, I am weird!!

So, here is how you make them:
Make Royal Frosting:
4 tsp. Deb El Just Whites (these are powdered whites and are totally safe to bake and make frosting with, as opposed to making the frosting with uncooked egg whites)
1/4 cup water
2 cups confectioner's sugar

Beat the powdered egg whites and water with an electric mixer until foamy.
Add the confectioner's sugar and beat until the frosting stands in peaks.
Then add a dab to one of the large Oreos.

Stick the mini Oreo onto the dab.
Add a dab to a 2nd regular sized Oreo and press together.
Let them rest standing up before storing them in an airtight container. The frosting will get really hard to keep these together. I used 2 bags of regular Oreos and 1 bag of minis for 12 kids.

No comments: