Saturday, March 6, 2010

Easier Than You Can Imagine Cookie Cake Bars

So this is what is left of last night's dessert. Actually, since I took the picture I think Brett and Patrick split this last one. I got this recipe from my friend Kristin, who actually got it from her friend Sandra who has an amazing blog.
I brought these over for a little impromptu get together we had with some friends last night and they left the pan so fast. Our little friend Amelia proudly shouted, "I had three!" as if she had meddeled in the Cookie Bar eating Event!!
So, at our other friend, Addy's, request here is the recipe:

Cake Mix Bars
1 box yellow cake mix
1 large egg + 1 egg white
1/2 cup butter (or margarine), melted
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teapsoon vanilla
1 cup mix-in-- I always use chocolate chips, just because that is what my family likes but you could branch out!

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom only of a 9x13 pan

  • Mix cake mix, butter, egg, egg white, milk and vanilla in a large bowl with a wooden sppon. Mixture will be thick.

  • Spread evenly in the pan.

  • Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Best if allowed to cool completely for an hour before cutting.
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hi Steph! I'm so glad you like the cake bars. They are always in heavy rotation around here! And I'm also very excited to find your blog. Hope to see you soon :). Sandra