Saturday, March 27, 2010

May the Force Be With You

Today was an exciting day! We had Patrick's birthday party, which we have been planning and preparing for for a while. He wanted a Star Wars party, and I must say, we all had a fun time putting it together. Well, maybe my mom has something else to say about that! She was the hero of the party. She made 12 little jedi robes from felt, that I must say, looked very authentic!

The Agenda and the music that goes with it:
Princess Leia and Queen Amidala greet the young Padawans. Princess Leia (my daughter) handed out robes and Padme (me) collected and labeled weaponry. Music: 20th Century Fox Fanfare and Open Title Music from Return of the Jedi

Obi Wan Kenobi (my brother) trained the Jedis in the ways of the force and how to handle a light saber. Music: Medley: The Hologram/Binary Sunset and Medley: Tales of a Jedi Knight

Jedis then completed their training with Yoda on the obstacle course. Music: Yoda's Theme

Once the Jedis training was complete, they each had a chance to defeat Darth Vader (my husband). Music: The Imerpial March

After Darth Vader was defeated or "debeated" as my son puts it, the kids need to destroy the death star--a pinata and collect the debris! Music: The Battle of Endor III

We then headed to the patio to be hailed as heros and recieve a medal from Princess Leia and Queen Amidala. Music: Medley: The Throne Room/End Title

Then we all went to the Mos Eisely Cantina to celebrate with cupcakes and Oreo Tie Fighter Cookies. Music: Cantina Band and Cantina Band #2

All music can be downloaded from iTunes. I used music from Episodes IV, V, and VI.

It was such a joyful and funfilled day. Alyssa was equally excited as Patrick was. I loved that my brother took time out of his weekend to come be such a big part of the fun, the kids loved him. Brett and I really stretched ourselves creatively for it, and my mom worked so hard to make everything look perfect with all of our costumes. What a team effort!

I will post tutorials for all our crafts and food in the coming days!
Happy Birthday, Young Jedi!


1 comment:

Susan Skitt said...

Wow - you should be a party planner! And your kids are adorable! What a great idea - you remind me of my younger sister - she is creative like that and just blows me away with her ideas!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm bookmarking your site to return and again. I look forward to reading more!

P.S. Please visit my site again - I have two guest authors with a terrific book and a giveaway - all are welcome!