Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Long Time No See




It's been forever since I have blogged. We have had quite a busy year and blogging just fell off the list. However, I am newly insipred to start it up again!




I'll try my best to catch you up on some of our top happenings since I last wrote.




To start, I have read some very good books. My latest is Sitting at the Feet of the Rabbi Jesus Ann Spangler and Lois Tverberg. This book really explores what a first century Jew's faith would have been like: feasts celebrated etc. I found it so interesting especially now, during Lent. It makes me want to host a Christian Passover dinner. So, I am trying to figure out how to plan that.




I also have completed both To Live is Christ by Beth Moore and Me, Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild in our Women's Bible study. Both were wonderful. I especially loved To Live is Christ. I did not feel I knew much about the life of Paul unti I read this book, it is fascinating and truly inspirational to learn how much he suffered in the name of Christ. Even more impressive is the zeal he had throughout--that's the Holy Spirit workin'!




I have actually decided to step out of leadership of the Bible study. Tonight is my last night-- I feel a bit like Wendy in Peter Pan. However, it is for the best. Patrick will be full-time in school next year and I need to spend those pm hours at home. I can already tell completing homework with two kids will be interesting to balance. I hope to find a lively am class to attend in the fall. I hear very good things about a few CBC studies around here.




I am sad to leave the fellowship of the ladies in this group, however, I am actually trying not to think about it. It is hard. We all come from different age groups and situations yet we have found a common bond in Christ. We have an interest in what happens to each other, there is care and love there. I will miss the weekly gathering.

No comments: